• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Micha6:8

Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Learning my bible as if it's the last one on earth.
  • Regirstration Type:Open Discussion only

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

I have a few questions for Tim or anyone who can teach me. I will say upfront that if any here do not take the Ezekiel Temple prophecy literally I am not going to debate you. Others here can I won't. With that said...

I have been thinking about this from time to time over the last year. I searched here on the forums and found this by Roger which was a great find: Ezekiel's Temple Now I thoroughly enjoyed that and it helped me start to understand some things. So let me post the scripture:

Ezekiel 40:38-43

38 There was a chamber and its entrance by the gateposts of the gateway, where they washed the burnt offering. 39 In the vestibule of the gateway were two tables on this side and two tables on that side, on which to slay the burnt offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering. 40 At the outer side of the vestibule, as one goes up to the entrance of the northern gateway, were two tables; and on the other side of the vestibule of the gateway were two tables. 41 Four tables were on this side and four tables on that side, by the side of the gateway, eight tables on which they slaughtered the sacrifices. 42 There were also four tables of hewn stone for the burnt offering, one cubit and a half long, one cubit and a half wide, and one cubit high; on these they laid the instruments with which they slaughtered the burnt offering and the sacrifice. 43 Inside were hooks, a handbreadth wide, fastened all around; and the flesh of the sacrifices was on the tables.

Ezekiel 42:13-14

13 Then he said to me, “The north chambers and the south chambers, which are opposite the separating courtyard, are the holy chambers where the priests who approach the LORD shall eat the most holy offerings. There they shall lay the most holy offerings—the grain offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering—for the place is holy. 14 When the priests enter them, they shall not go out of the holy chamber into the outer court; but there they shall leave their garments in which they minister, for they are holy. They shall put on other garments; then they may approach that which is for the people.”

Ezekiel 43:18-27

18 And He said to me, “Son of man, thus says the Lord GOD: ‘These are the ordinances for the altar on the day when it is made, for sacrificing burnt offerings on it, and for sprinkling blood on it. 19 You shall give a young bull for a sin offering to the priests, the Levites, who are of the seed of Zadok, who approach Me to minister to Me,’ says the Lord GOD. 20 ‘You shall take some of its blood and put it on the four horns of the altar, on the four corners of the ledge, and on the rim around it; thus you shall cleanse it and make atonement for it. 21 Then you shall also take the bull of the sin offering, and burn it in the appointed place of the temple, outside the sanctuary. 22 On the second day you shall offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they cleansed it with the bull. 23 When you have finished cleansing it, you shall offer a young bull without blemish, and a ram from the flock without blemish. 24 When you offer them before the LORD, the priests shall throw salt on them, and they will offer them up as a burnt offering to the LORD. 25 Every day for seven days you shall prepare a goat for a sin offering; they shall also prepare a young bull and a ram from the flock, both without blemish. 26 Seven days they shall make atonement for the altar and purify it, and so consecrate it. 27 When these days are over it shall be, on the eighth day and thereafter, that the priests shall offer your burnt offerings and your peace offerings on the altar; and I will accept you,’ says the Lord GOD.”

Now it did come up in the debate with Chuck Doughty and it was thoroughly scoffed at in the debate years ago here on this forum and I see it has been brought up a few times here and there but it was usually in a debate that went nowhere. I understand that in the 1st and 2nd temple sacrifice was a shadow of the sacrifice Jesus Chist made on our behalf as our High Priest. Help me understand why this will occur again and why it would be pleasing to the Lord in the coming Kingdom on earth. Also in the previous topic that Roger has started I could understand his statement that the sacrifices would point back to what Christ has done as they originally pointed forward. But why are they called sin offerings and atonements? Any help apprieciated.
Michael

#2 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I failed to add the other thing that is throwing me is the last verse here:

Ezekiel 44:28-31

28 “It shall be, in regard to their inheritance, that I am their inheritance. You shall give them no possession in Israel, for I am their possession. 29 They shall eat the grain offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering; every dedicated thing in Israel shall be theirs. 30 The best of all firstfruits of any kind, and every sacrifice of any kind from all your sacrifices, shall be the priest’s; also you shall give to the priest the first of your ground meal, to cause a blessing to rest on your house. 31 The priests shall not eat anything, bird or beast, that died naturally or was torn by wild beasts.

There are no more wild beasts in the Kingdom right?
Michael

#3 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Spending time with my wife, and teaching children about Jesus.
  • Regirstration Type:CCP

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

I only just had a chance to read this, and I will try to come back in tonight with more if I am able. but with respect to your last question,

There are no more wild beasts in the Kingdom right?

I had understood this to simply to be there are no more carnivorous beasts. otherwise wolves and lambs, young lions and fatlings would only go together in one way. LUNCH :D I think when he is saying "wild beasts" all it is refering to in non-domesticated animals.

This is a very interesting topic, and i would defifitely agree that it is commonly shrugged off, as are many other scriptures talking about the milleninial kingdom if you take them at face value. I look forward to digging in to this with you, and hopefully having more than a 3 or 4 way conversation.

Blessings to you,

-Logan

#4 Tim

Tim

Berean Regular

• In Depth Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Michael,

Have you read my debate with Sam Frost (Preterism)? There was an extensive discussion of Ezekiel's temple and the sacrifices involved. (Section III).

http://www.oasischri...bate_frost.html

Tim

#5 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Tim - Thank you for the reply. I have read it and I can say that it was close to a year ago. I think once I found your website I pour through them like a man who just came out of a desert half dead and very thirsty. I will revisit that debate again. I know i read it because I sent you a question in email about it, of which you did answer. Thank you for reminding me. I believe this is where I began to really think about it. I will read it again right now.

Logan - I agree. It seems this topic comes up a lot on different forums where it turns out becoming a huge argument. I will re-read Tim's debate again and come back to comment or with questions. I must say that the bible has been opened up to me for the first in my life over this last year and Tim has helped me greatly. I am so glad that I have a place to go now to ask these things. Many people I know in my life shy away from these hard questions because.. they are hard.
Michael

#6 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ok first I have to say that when I read that the first time I must have not really taken it in. Truthfully stating here that as a Christian who has never thought about participating in animal sacrifice it does seem foreign. So I am attempting to put myself in that time to come as best I can and try to see what it will be like. I know these thing will happen and they have deep spiritual meaning and understanding them now I think can deepen ones faith. I mean God really went into a lot of detail and having Ezekiel write it all down just so leaves me to believe this a very literal passage. And I want to get my arms around it all so that I can show others and stand on what I claim to be the truth. I understand this is NOT a return to Mosaic Law and I understand that the ritual acts do NOT take away sin themselves.

I have read the seed of Zadok meaning the priests will be resurrected believers(seed) functioning in these roles and Zadok meaning Christ since he is the "Righteous One"? Perhaps the 144 thousand in Rev 14? Not sure on that. The nations will come to offer these as tribute to Christ who is sitting on the throne of David in the temple Ezekiel describes, demonstrating that they acknowledge the sacrifice and atonement he made for them or is it the resurrected believers or both? Also I understand that the sacrificed animals were eaten, so this will be the feast we sit down to enjoy with Jesus? Is this sort of like the symbolism of baptism? That we sacrifice our lives, pick up our cross and follow him. Buried in his death and raised to newness of life. OR am I way off? I understand the sacrifices are symbols just as the feast celebrations are. I understand the temple and the rituals are literal and will happen. So each step in this whole ritual process has a significant meaning and I guess attempting to break it down piece by piece would be helpful for me. So with all that said I did find this and have been reading through it. http://www.sonstoglo...nnialTemple.htm. (edit: I don't agree with what they say the word temple means or their making the anti-christ a what instead of a he.)
Michael

#7 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Spending time with my wife, and teaching children about Jesus.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

(edit: I don't agree with what they say the word temple means or their making the anti-christ a what instead of a he.)

His interpretation of temple, and antichrist would certainly contradict the ECF, who were native Koine Greek speakers, and held to the notion that it was a literal physical temple being desecrated by a literal physical man.

#8 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Regirstration Type:Full membership

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

The thing to keep in mind about the Temple sacrifices is that if one follows Paul's detailed New Testament writings we see that there is zero conflict. The sacrifices were never intended to remove sins in the first place - they were always symbolic in meaning. As such there is no issue in performing said rites in the Kingdom.

#9 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Logan - you are correct. His explanation and use of 'naos' is almost exactly what Chuck Doughty tried to do. But instead they are trying to use the same argument to say this temple will not be desecrated by the anti-christ. They make the temple of today our heart by using 1 Cor 6:19 and then turn around and say that applies in the opposite to the anti-christ in 2 Thess 2:4. So in other words they believe in a literal temple prophecy after Jesus' return. It's like some hybrid explanation that is doing a gnostic way of interpreting things. Just like Chuck Doughty they are pulling interpretations from nowhere. After spending a few days going over what Tim and Roger have been highlighting on Gnosticism, these things are becoming so blatantly clear to me. I read Rogers short papers on Gnosticism which were awesome. A few weeks ago I had begun to read about them in "Against Heresies" which made me sick at my stomach. Literally.

Joel- I have really enjoyed "beginning" to look at this prophecy and trying to understand everything about it. I have concluded that some of the questions I have regarding the temple rituals will I'm sure be answered by studying the beginning of them with the tabernacle and Solomon's temple. Specifically I don't understand what the action of putting blood on the horns and things like that. Otherwise I have gone over Tim's debate a few times now and wholeheartedly agree that future temple worship in Ezekiel is in complete harmony with scripture that comes from no interpretation on anyone's part but scripture. (gnostic rib- unless you have that "divine spark" that allows you to understand it differently)

Otherwise after you skip past the silly naos explanation the map details with scripture lined up from Ezekiel is really cool.
Michael

#10 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Interesting side note. Tim's debate opponent (Sam Frost) has since the debate had his church close and more recently he ceased being a Preterist.

#11 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Really? That is great news! Any idea what he is now believing?

#12 Tim

Tim

Berean Regular

• In Depth Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Michael,

I think a study of the NT's usage of the word "priest" for Christians refers to the millennium.

1 Peter 2:5 refers to the church in a state of construction, "being built" TO BE a holy priesthood "to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God." Once you get past the false Gnostic idea that "spiritual" means "non-material," this passage is saying that believers are in a state of construction for a future role, offering sacrifices. This role of "priests" is to offer sacrifices on behalf of the nations who come up to Jerusalem to worship the Lord. (See Zech. 14:16-21).

Col. 2:16-17 says that the festivals ARE (present tense) a shadow of what IS to come (future), referring again to the festivals that will take place in Ezekiel's Temple.

Rev. 20:6 says that the whole point of the "first resurrection" preceeding the general resurrection by a millennium is so that we can function as priests for the nations. "Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." A "priest" is someone who intercedes with God on behalf of others. Notice that the "priesthood" of believers is AFTER the first resurrection!

So, Ezekiel's Temple & priesthood is not an OT teaching exclusively. It is a NT teaching as well.

Tim

#13 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Tim - I'm with you on that brother. You are 100% correct about once a person gets past the gnostic ideas just like God has done for me. It took a very humbling experience before I was able to accept what scripture says and not what some men told me it means other than what it said. I don't think a person who has boasted in himself as having some superior knowledge that others don't have or believing in someone who does will ever be able to accept it unless they are humble before God. Understanding this Tim has brought me back to your study paper on the 24 elders. Rev 7:9-8:1 has now become open to me now and there are many things like it in Revelations that I need to go over again.

Logan & Joel - I read a blog by Sam Frost last night stating he quit "full" preterism as if it's different. I searched around on what he was involved in and those guys sound just like the gnostic leaders in Rogers papers on PFRS. They squabble over who has the biggest following. Very scary to me.
Michael

#14 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Tim - I also want to add that what I meant by researching the OT was I want to understand what putting the blood on certain objects mean. For example Ezekiel 43:20. How does that act symbolize atonement for the altar? I have much much more studying to do.
Michael

#15 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Tim - I'm with you on that brother. You are 100% correct about once a person gets past the gnostic ideas just like God has done for me. It took a very humbling experience before I was able to accept what scripture says and not what some men told me it means other than what it said. I don't think a person who has boasted in himself as having some superior knowledge that others don't have or believing in someone who does will ever be able to accept it unless they are humble before God. Understanding this Tim has brought me back to your study paper on the 24 elders. Rev 7:9-8:1 has now become open to me now and there are many things like it in Revelations that I need to go over again.

Logan & Joel - I read a blog by Sam Frost last night stating he quit "full" preterism as if it's different. I searched around on what he was involved in and those guys sound just like the gnostic leaders in Rogers papers on PFRS. They squabble over who has the biggest following. Very scary to me.

From what I could research it looks like Sam has changed to something like the standard Reformed/Amillennialist position. It would indeed be really great if he studies the Word in humility and sees the truth of Chiliasm.

#16 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

From what I could research it looks like Sam has changed to something like the standard Reformed/Amillennialist position. It would indeed be really great if he studies the Word in humility and sees the truth of Chiliasm.

Agreed. I looked at his website briefly today and there still seems to be a lot of confusion in his camp. I'm glad he chucked preterism, and ANY move away from full-preterism is a good move, but there is still a lot of gnostic baggage on that train.

#17 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

I won't say that i know for certain the symbolism of putting blood on these various articles in order to make atonement for them, but lets take a look at some scriptures that describe this very thing.

The first one you gave was from Ezekiel 43:20

20 And you shall take some of its blood and put it on the four horns of the altar and on the four corners of the ledge and upon the rim all around. Thus you shall purify the altar and make atonement for it.

Here is a similar statement(in that they are placing the blood on the altar for burnt offerings in both), given to moses when he was instructed about the appointments of the tabernacle in the wilderness.

Leviticus 4:30

30 And the priest shall take some of its blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out all the rest of its blood at the base of the altar.

Other than altars in these respective temples(well one is a tabernacle, but lets not quibble) there are only a few other things in the bible that i know of that have blood applied to them. One is Aaron and his sons in Leviticus 8. First Aaron was washed and arrayed in his priestly garb, Moses then anoints the whole tabernacle and all that is in it. Then he anoints Aaron, and then his sons were garbed and anointed. Then Moses sacrifices a bull for a sin offering(applying blood to the horns of the altar again), and also a ram for a burnt offering(this blood is thrown against the altar). After this Moses takes another ram and ... we'll pick up in verse 22

22 And he brought the second ram, the ram of consecration. Then Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the head of the ram, 23 and Moses killed it. Also he took some of its blood and put it on the tip of Aaron’s right ear, on the thumb of his right hand, and on the big toe of his right foot. 24 Then he brought Aaron’s sons. And Moses put some of the blood on the tips of their right ears, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet. And Moses sprinkled the blood all around on the altar. 25 Then he took the fat and the fat tail, all the fat that was on the entrails, the fatty lobe attached to the liver, the two kidneys and their fat, and the right thigh; 26 and from the basket of unleavened bread that was before the LORD he took one unleavened cake, a cake of bread anointed with oil, and one wafer, and put them on the fat and on the right thigh; 27 and he put all these in Aaron’s hands and in his sons’ hands, and waved them as a wave offering before the LORD. 28 Then Moses took them from their hands and burned them on the altar, on the burnt offering. They were consecration offerings for a sweet aroma. That was an offering made by fire to the LORD. 29 And Moses took the breast and waved it as a wave offering before the LORD. It was Moses’ part of the ram of consecration, as the LORD had commanded Moses.
30 Then Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood which was on the altar, and sprinkled it on Aaron, on his garments, on his sons, and on the garments of his sons with him; and he consecrated Aaron, his garments, his sons, and the garments of his sons with him.

Another time we see blood applied is in the passover in Exodus 12.(verses 1-6,13)

1 Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 “This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: ‘On the tenth of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household. 4 And if the household is too small for the lamb, let him and his neighbor next to his house take it according to the number of the persons; according to each man’s need you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. 6 Now you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month. Then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it at twilight. 7 And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it.13 Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.

As to the question of why the blood is applied to make atonement for the altar, or for consecration of Aaron and his son's, or so that the plague wouldn't be on the firstborn children of Israel... I don't really KNOW, but i will speculate.

We know that the tabernacle in the wilderness and the subsequent temple in Jerusalem was a copy or a shadow of the reality in heaven. Hebrews 8:4-5. We also know that those offering sacrifices in the tabernacle/temple on earth were sinful men who needed to offer sacrifices for themselves first and then for the people. We know that perfection was not attainable through the Law and the Levitical priesthood, but sacrifice had to be made yearly. Hebrews 7:11, 9:1-10, and 10:1-4. Paul goes on to say(in both chapter 9 and 10) that Christ entered once for all into the holy places not made by hands with his own blood and poured it on the altar in heaven and sat down at the right hand of the Father. All that being said, I believe the reason blood is applied to make atonement for the altar and to consecrate Aarons sons is to point to the fact that in and of themselves, neither the tabernacle/temple, nor the Levitical priesthood were capable of what was necessary to remove sin and as such needed to be covered in blood. they all point forward to the ULTIMATE sacrifice made by Jesus himself. In the same way the "Shadows of the good things to come" pointed forward to Christ's sacrifice. I think the Ezekiel temple is doing the same thing, only pointing backward.

Tying into this concept the blood on the doorposts during the passover(I think it's only fitting to mention it as this is when He made the sacrifice by which our sin's are blotted out) I was reminded of Psalm 118 which is a psalm typically sung at passover(actually 113-118 are all in this category). This is by far my favorite of all the psalms, as it is to me the essential testimony of the redeemed. I won't comment on it much, other than to say that the latter part of the psalm is distictly messianic in nature and there is no mention of blood being applied to the altar for this sacrifice. with that i will let you enjoy this beautiful song.

Psalm 118

Praise to God for His Everlasting Mercy

1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

2 Let Israel now say,
“His mercy endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron now say,
4 Let those who fear the LORD now say,

5 I called on the LORD in distress;
The LORD answered me and set me in a broad place.
6 The LORD is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The LORD is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in princes.

10 All nations surrounded me,
But in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
11 They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
12 They surrounded me like bees;
They were quenched like a fire of thorns;
For in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
13 You pushed me violently, that I might fall,
But the LORD helped me.
14 The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.[a]

15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation
Is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted;
The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
17 I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the LORD.
18 The LORD has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the LORD.
20 This is the gate of the LORD,
Through which the righteous shall enter.

21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the LORD’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day the LORD has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O LORD;
O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD!
We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.
27 God is the LORD,
And He has given us light;
Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise You;
You are my God, I will exalt You.

29 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

Blessings to you,

-Logan

#18 Micha6:8

Berean Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

I think I get it now. The blood is symbolic of cleansing. The blood cleanses the altar and makes our sacrifices acceptable. The blood cleanses our sin and guilt and prepares us for the presence of the Lord. It all points to the cleansing sacrifice of Jesus Christ. All of the offerings point to devotion and voluntary worship of God on our part and how Jesus voluntarily gave of himself. Everything the blood is placed on is symbolic of cleansing in order to have communion with God.

Thank you Logan and All who helped me understand. I will continue to study this but it all makes perfect sense now.
Michael

#19 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I am always glad to help if I'm able, though it may be that i'm way off and someone else will help both of us out! :rolleyes:

Blessings to you,

-Logan

#20 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Would any fo you guys be willing to give some commentary concerning the prince spoken about in Ezekiel? As we already talked about, the former temple sacrifices pointed forward to Christ, and the future temple sacrifices point back to His once for all sacrifice. I think the fact that the prince furnishes every festal sacrifice is telling, but I am hoping you guys can broaden my understanding of this section.

I will provide quotes below and perhaps talk a bit about it.

Ezekiel 44 Then He brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary which faces toward the east, but it was shut. 2 And the Lord said to me, “This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter by it, because the Lord God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut. 3 As for the prince, because he is the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gateway, and go out the same way.” Ezekiel 44:1-3

Ezekiel 45 “Moreover, when you divide the land by lot into inheritance, you shall set apart a district for the Lord, a holy section of the land; its length shall be twenty-five thousand cubits, and the width ten thousand. It shall be holy throughout its territory all around. 2 Of this there shall be a square plot for the sanctuary, five hundred by five hundred rods, with fifty cubits around it for an open space. 3 So this is the district you shall measure: twenty-five thousand cubits long and ten thousand wide; in it shall be the sanctuary, the Most Holy Place. 4 It shall be a holy section of the land, belonging to the priests, the ministers of the sanctuary, who come near to minister to the Lord; it shall be a place for their houses and a holy place for the sanctuary. 5 An area twenty-five thousand cubits long and ten thousand wide shall belong to the Levites, the ministers of the temple; they shall have twenty chambers as a possession.[a]
Properties of the City and the Prince

6 “You shall appoint as the property of the city an area five thousand cubits wide and twenty-five thousand long, adjacent to the district of the holy section; it shall belong to the whole house of Israel.
7 “The prince shall have a section on one side and the other of the holy district and the city’s property; and bordering on the holy district and the city’s property, extending westward on the west side and eastward on the east side, the length shall be side by side with one of the tribal portions, from the west border to the east border. 8 The land shall be his possession in Israel; and My princes shall no more oppress My people, but they shall give the rest of the land to the house of Israel, according to their tribes.”
Laws Governing the Prince

9 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Enough, O princes of Israel! Remove violence and plundering, execute justice and righteousness, and stop dispossessing My people,” says the Lord God. 10 “You shall have honest scales, an honest ephah, and an honest bath. 11 The ephah and the bath shall be of the same measure, so that the bath contains one-tenth of a homer, and the ephah one-tenth of a homer; their measure shall be according to the homer. 12 The shekel shall be twenty gerahs; twenty shekels, twenty-five shekels, and fifteen shekels shall be your mina.
13 “This is the offering which you shall offer: you shall give one-sixth of an ephah from a homer of wheat, and one-sixth of an ephah from a homer of barley. 14 The ordinance concerning oil, the bath of oil, is one-tenth of a bath from a kor. A kor is a homer or ten baths, for ten baths are a homer. 15 And one lamb shall be given from a flock of two hundred, from the rich pastures of Israel. These shall be for grain offerings, burnt offerings, and peace offerings, to make atonement for them,” says the Lord God. 16 “All the people of the land shall give this offering for the prince in Israel. 17 Then it shall be the prince’s part to give burnt offerings, grain offerings, and drink offerings, at the feasts, the New Moons, the Sabbaths, and at all the appointed seasons of the house of Israel. He shall prepare the sin offering, the grain offering, the burnt offering, and the peace offerings to make atonement for the house of Israel.”
Keeping the Feasts

18 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “In the first month, on the first day of the month, you shall take a young bull without blemish and cleanse the sanctuary. 19 The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering and put it on the doorposts of the temple, on the four corners of the ledge of the altar, and on the gateposts of the gate of the inner court. 20 And so you shall do on the seventh day of the month for everyone who has sinned unintentionally or in ignorance. Thus you shall make atonement for the temple.
21 “In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, you shall observe the Passover, a feast of seven days; unleavened bread shall be eaten. 22 And on that day the prince shall prepare for himself and for all the people of the land a bull for a sin offering. 23 On the seven days of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seven bulls and seven rams without blemish, daily for seven days, and a kid of the goats daily for a sin offering. 24 And he shall prepare a grain offering of one ephah for each bull and one ephah for each ram, together with a hin of oil for each ephah.
25 “In the seventh month, on the fifteenth day of the month, at the feast, he shall do likewise for seven days, according to the sin offering, the burnt offering, the grain offering, and the oil.” Ezekiel 45:1-25

46 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “The gateway of the inner court that faces toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the Sabbath it shall be opened, and on the day of the New Moon it shall be opened. 2 The prince shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gateway from the outside, and stand by the gatepost. The priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings. He shall worship at the threshold of the gate. Then he shall go out, but the gate shall not be shut until evening. 3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the entrance to this gateway before the Lord on the Sabbaths and the New Moons. 4 The burnt offering that the prince offers to the Lord on the Sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish, and a ram without blemish; 5 and the grain offering shall be one ephah for a ram, and the grain offering for the lambs, as much as he wants to give, as well as a hin of oil with every ephah. 6 On the day of the New Moon it shall be a young bull without blemish, six lambs, and a ram; they shall be without blemish. 7 He shall prepare a grain offering of an ephah for a bull, an ephah for a ram, as much as he wants to give for the lambs, and a hin of oil with every ephah. 8 When the prince enters, he shall go in by way of the vestibule of the gateway, and go out the same way.
9 “But when the people of the land come before the Lord on the appointed feast days, whoever enters by way of the north gate to worship shall go out by way of the south gate; and whoever enters by way of the south gate shall go out by way of the north gate. He shall not return by way of the gate through which he came, but shall go out through the opposite gate. 10 The prince shall then be in their midst. When they go in, he shall go in; and when they go out, he shall go out. 11 At the festivals and the appointed feast days the grain offering shall be an ephah for a bull, an ephah for a ram, as much as he wants to give for the lambs, and a hin of oil with every ephah.
12 “Now when the prince makes a voluntary burnt offering or voluntary peace offering to the Lord, the gate that faces toward the east shall then be opened for him; and he shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings as he did on the Sabbath day. Then he shall go out, and after he goes out the gate shall be shut.
16 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance. 17 But if he gives a gift of some of his inheritance to one of his servants, it shall be his until the year of liberty, after which it shall return to the prince. But his inheritance shall belong to his sons; it shall become theirs. 18 Moreover the prince shall not take any of the people’s inheritance by evicting them from their property; he shall provide an inheritance for his sons from his own property, so that none of My people may be scattered from his property.”’”Ezekiel 46:1-12,16-18

21 “The rest shall belong to the prince, on one side and on the other of the holy district and of the city’s property, next to the twenty-five thousand cubits of the holy district as far as the eastern border, and westward next to the twenty-five thousand as far as the western border, adjacent to the tribal portions; it shall belong to the prince. It shall be the holy district, and the sanctuary of the temple shall be in the center. 22 Moreover, apart from the possession of the Levites and the possession of the city which are in the midst of what belongs to the prince, the area between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin shall belong to the prince. Ezekiel 48:21-22

Feel free to add anything I missed from Ezekiel and to draw from accounts what will take place in the millenium from other prophetic scriptures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users