#1 Tim

Tim

Berean Regular

• In Depth Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Regirstration Type:Open Discussion only

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I just checked the website stats. The 16 debate mp4 videos on AiR have been downloaded a total of over 15,000 times already, in less than 2 weeks. And generally, website traffic has picked up significantly since I uploaded the videos. This tells me that there is significant interest in this topic. So, I am wondering why so few pastors / ministers / students have signed up on the discussion forum.

Tim

#2 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Regirstration Type:Full membership

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well I cannot claim to have gotten 15.000 hits in 2 weeks but the hits stat on the whole forum is way up and most of that is directed to CCP.

As to lack of people registering to comment I really cannot say. Perhaps they feel like this location is not sufficiently favorable to them?

#3 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Spending time with my wife, and teaching children about Jesus.
  • Regirstration Type:CCP

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Perhaps they feel like this location is not sufficiently favorable to them?

If this is the case, then does anyone know of the place they are discussing this?

Perhaps the general prohibition of belligerence is too great a limiting factor for Bro Doughty to weigh in. It certainly seemed his favorite style of argumentation in the debate imo.

#4 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Spending time with my wife, and teaching children about Jesus.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

If you look on the Ekklesia of Christ website(where Bro Doughty teaches) you can find some of the debate, and even a blog about the debate(not that there is much there) but i can't find people talking about it anywhere on their site.

Here is the link to their site

http://www.thechurch...l%20Debate.html

The blog is at the bottom of the page, but there aren't any comments.

So... The question remains, where are they talking about this? Or, are they talking about it at all?

#5 Tim

Tim

Berean Regular

• In Depth Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

As of today, the total downloads of the debate videos from AiR is 35,341. That's an average of 2208 per video.

#6 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Maybe they don't want to call attention to it?

#7 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

That seems a likely conclusion Joel. Otherwise they would at the very least have posted all the content on their own site.

#8 Tim

Tim

Berean Regular

• In Depth Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

As of today, there have been 52,086 total mp4 debate video downloads. That's an average of 3255 per video.

All of the videos are now up on the Ekklesia of Christ's website. If they are discussing this, it is apparently not online.

Tim

#9 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

Given how poorly Brother Doughty did I am not exactly shocked at the lack of discussion.

#10 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

I wonder if Chuck Doughty feels that way. In terms of how a debate ought to go, he was way out of line and really should have been dismissed for consistently failing to take the negative to Tim's affirmative view. The only time he really made an effort to rebut Tim's argument was in session 3 when he blatantly misrepresented scripture in an effort claim all the promises in the abrahamic covenant have been fulfilled. More shockingly, he claimed that anyone who is hoping for the literal fulfillment of Gods promise of an everlasting land inheritance is naught more than a Jehovah's Witness! IMO Chuck Doughty didn't show up to debate, he came to defame.

#11 Joel

Joel

Forum Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I always have to laugh when Amillennialists try to claim the land promises have been fulfilled. Not only does said claim violate the grammar in the passage they use to make it but there are New Testament passages flat out stating that the land promise is NOT yet fulfilled. If Doughty is right then Stephen was wrong in Acts when he stated that Abraham did not receive the promise and also Paul was wrong in Hebrews when he clearly stated that the promise has yet to be fulfilled.Also Moses lied in Genesis when he recorded boundaries for the land that Israel has never yet possessed.

#12 LoganMM

LoganMM

Berean Regular

• CCP
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Don't forget David! He must have lied through his teeth. ;) Joshua really did give God's people rest! I guess that means we have nothing to look forward to.

Maybe he figured that since the Apostles blew up the prophets, he can blow up any ol' bit of scripture he wants to. He also seems to think that it's simply a matter of choice as to which destiny awaits believers! Asking people, "Do you want an awesome heaven or some crummy city in the middle east?" Then, that whole "As for me and my house" bit was nauseating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users